Friday, May 22, 2015

20. Jungle Explorer


I can't remember exactly what inspired this sketch, I mostly remember that while drawing it I realized that I don't really enjoy drawing plants. So I'm pretty sure this is the most nature heavy picture in my entire sketchbook.
It is interesting how interests differ isn't it? I am always impressed by people who can sketch plants and animals so well they look real. I just have never been interested in them enough to master that skill. It falls under what I am coming to realize is a category of things I think are cool and wish I could do but do not actually enjoy doing. It has taken me a while to learn to differentiate between the two, as my spinning wheel covered in the dusts of  numerous years of disuse can attest. I purchased it thinking how awesome it would be to dye and spin and weave my own fibers, and quickly realized that I just really don't enjoy spinning, even though I wish I did. One of my favorite blogs, The Art of Manliness, just posted a great article about this, which you can read here if you are interested.
How about you, do you have a hard time differentiating between things that you wish you liked and things you actually like?  

No comments:

Post a Comment