Friday, February 27, 2015

6. Rooftop


I don't have a ton to say about this one. I sketched this around the first time I read The Blue Sword and The Hero and The Crown, and I think started liking cats after reading those books. Thus my attempt at a cat on the roof. I don't know that cats really lay like that, but oh well. I think this girl was also supposed to be a misfit/tomboy like the girls in McKinley's books (thus her presence on the roof of the castle). Her lack of face makes it hard to know why she is up there. Is she on the roof to escape? To enjoy the stars? To ponder? Maybe she is waiting for someone. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I think she is very content and just looking over the world from a rooftop, which she likes to frequent for solitude when she is happy.

    ReplyDelete