Monday, January 4, 2016

34. Through the Arch


Another post form the old sketchbook as I try and get back into blogging after the holidays. First, a few updates. Gigi made it to her new home where she appears to be well loved, and I am finishing up a baby doll for my son (hopefully pictures soon!) and I have another doll in planning stages. Not to mention three or four stories I'm in the midst of and a million other new years goals.

Which brings me to this sketch. This girl is wearing a typical example of what I thought was the ideal adventure outfit at the time, and she stands in a stone arch in the wall, ready for whatever lies ahead. It is that very quality that I think I admire so much in fantasy and hope to incorporate more in my own life. Heroes in stories (usually) face whatever lies ahead with courage, with a willingness to go out and do and experience whatever necessary to achieve their goals. Yes, sometimes they doubt themselves or complain endlessly (yes I mean you Harry Potter...) but in the end they do it, they don't just sit around at home and wait for whatever comes. They step through the arch and into the adventure.

So as a new year starts, what ways are you going to step through the arch?

3 comments:

  1. I like that idea. Thanks. So what makes the outfit ideal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, good question. I think a combination of me thinking it looked cool and also thinking it looked comfortable. I really thought it through you know :)

      Delete
  2. I want to step through the arch by facing negative situations without absorbing the negativity into myself. I had a discussion with Mom and Marta about ways to do that, but I'm always looking for more ideas. I think I need to review the "armor of God" scriptures and concepts.

    ReplyDelete